Nord-Lock created the original wedge-locking technology that secures bolted joints, even when exposed to severe vibration and dynamic loads. It is impossible for our products to loosen unintentionally due to the wedge created underneath the bolt head and nut.
NO MORE LOOSE BOLTS
- When the fastener is untightened, sliding will occur between the two washers. The upper washer is locked to the nut or bolt head by the serrations. The lower washer does not rotate as its serrations are locked into the surface being clamped.
- As the cams slide over each other, the clamping load from the bolt is first increased as the bolt stretches, before being released as the cams pass each other.
AN APPROVED SOLUTION
- Tested and certified: Nord-Lock washers are produced to the highest specifications and quality standards. They are rigorously tested throughout our production process and they have been approved by independent institutes as well as certification authorities. Nord-Lock washers are laser marked to ensure our customers receive genuine products and allow full traceability for every pair of washers.
- High and consistent preload control: The Junker test is the most severe vibration test for bolted joints. It is used to compare how different locking methods behave under transverse vibrations between two construction parts, while continuously measuring the clamp load. The working load is normally axial, the shear load is transversal load. Preload is vital to keep parts together and prevent them from sliding when lost a bolted joint will fail.
Wedge Locking Solutions:
- Nord-Lock Wedge-Locking Washers
- Nord-Lock X-Series Washers
- Nord-Lock Steel Construction (SC) Washers
- Nord-Lock Wheel Nut
- Nord-Lock Combi Bolt Washers
- Wide range of sizes, shapes, and materials; M3 - M130, Steel, Stainless Steel, 254 SMO, Alloy C-276, Alloy 718
- Nord-Lock Customized Solutions
Read More Nord-Lock.com
Download Catalogue Nord-Lock Catalogue